Children Ages: 0-12
FirstLight's Miner Kid's Savings Account combines the benefits of FirstLight's Dollar Dog Savings Account and UTEP's Miner Kids Club. It's the perfect way for your children, ages 12 and younger, to be part of the UTEP community, while teaching them about the importance of saving, earning, and even investing money.
Start the education process early, so that your children and grandchildren are better equipped to make wise financial decisions in the future.
JOINING IS EASY!
Starting July 16, 2018, visit any FirstLight branch and ask to open a Miner Kid's Savings Account for your children, 0 - 12 years old. There's only a $2 membership fee and a $5 initial deposit to open your new Miner Kid's Savings Account. There is no cost for enrolling in the Miner Kid's Club, it's completely free, and will be completed automatically after opening your Miner Kid's Savings Account!
KID'S SAVINGS ACCOUNT BENEFITS
- Welcome Gift.
- Free ATM card for kids 8 years and older.
- Access to the Dollar Dog Clubhouse®, a website full of fun activities, coloring pages, and more.
- Brighter U 4 Kids, financial literacy interactive videos that help kids learn about money. Complete all six modules, print the certificate, and visit one of our branches for a prize.
- Savings Card Challenge
- Treat days throughout the year.
- Access to account information through Online Banking and the FirstLight Mobile App.
- Hang out with Dollar Dog days.
- Coloring sheets and crayons available at all our branches.
- Periodic dividends earned.
- Quarterly statement.
MINER KID'S CLUB BENEFITS
- Free admission to all Olympic Sporting Events. (Volleyball, Soccer, Track & Field, Softball, Tennis)
- Access to all free Athletic Events. (Football Fan Day, Orange & White Basketball Scrimmage, Kid's Club Days, etc.)
- Special On-Field and On-Court Experiences at all sporting events
*Account opening requires co-ownership of parent or legal guardian.